List Price: $26.00
Your Price: $2.96-
THE # 1 BESTSELLING DIET IS NOW SUPERCHARGED!
Since Dr. Mike Moreno first published The 17 Day Diet in 2010, millions of people have lost weight using his fast, safe, and extremely effective plan. Dr. Mike listens to his 17 Day Dieters as carefully as he listens to his own patients, and he is always on top of the cutting-edge research in the field of weight management. Using vital reader feedback and the latest science, he has enhanced The 17 Day Diet with three new chapters; 50 new, delicious recipes; and the ability to customize your diet with an optional fasting day. The 17 Day Diet Breakthrough Edition makes everyone’s favorite diet the best and most up-to-date diet on the market.
Whether you need to lose 10 pounds or a hundred, Dr. Mike’s plan can help you achieve your weight loss goals quickly and permanently while always ensuring that you feel full, even as you enjoy a wide variety of the foods you love. In fact, that variation in the diet is the key to losing weight: it confuses and boosts your metabolism to help you burn fat rapidly during these four 17-day cycles:
ACCELERATE: The rapid weight loss cycle. You’ll flush sugar and fat from your system and introduce foods and nutrients into your diet that have been proven to trim belly fat, thigh fat, and other stubborn fat zones.
ACTIVATE: The metabolic boost cycle. You’ll alternate between low- and high-calorie days and watch the fat melt away.
ACHIEVE: The steady weight loss cycle. You’ll learn to control portions properly and start the exciting (and quick!) 17 Minute Spot Reduction Workout.
ARRIVE: The efficient control cycle. You’ll be firmly in the habit of healthy eating to support your goal. On weekends, you can even enjoy your favorite foods!
PLUS: A new, optional transitional day of liquid cleansing that kicks your fat burning into overdrive and a dietary supplement program to support your success.
The 17 Day Diet can work for you even if you have food allergies or PMS or are pregnant or constantly traveling. It can be adapted to a wide variety of cuisines, from Chinese to Tex Mex and everything in between. Brimming with helpful tips, interesting facts, and inspiring testimonials from fellow 17 Day Dieters, The 17 Day Diet Breakthrough Edition is the very last diet book you’ll ever need.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Full-color, updated interior design brings the content to you in a rousing, memorable style.
- Full-color, updated art program illustrates concepts when a picture says it best—plenty of clinical images also supplement topics.
- New content on evidence-based medicine keeps you current and informed to guide your clinical decision making.
- Expanded content on drug dosing is added where relevant.
- Complete coverage of high-yield medical topics ensures you are test ready
- Clinical Pearls boxes help you “file away” clinical medicine connections for handy retrieval at test time
- Quick Hits glimmering in the margins highlight highly testable material—just see how the sparks fly at test time
- eBook with the fully searchable text is available via thePoint .
- NEW 300 USMLE-style questions provide another means of self-assessment and practice for those exams
- NEW Audio clips of breath and heart sounds also available on thePoint
NCLEX-RN Premier 2015-2016 with 2 Practice Tests: Book + Online + DVD + Mobile (Kaplan Nclex-Rn Premier)
List Price: $54.99
Your Price: $23.74-
Pass the NCLEX-RN or your money back–guaranteed! NCLEX-RN Premier 2015-2016 with 2 Practice Tests combines Kaplan’s unique strategy guide with the most test-like questions available to help you to meet the challenges of this exacting computer-adaptive test, including:
* 2 practice tests (one in the book, one online)
* DVD with 60 minutes of video tutorials led by noted NCLEX expert Barbara Irwin
* Mobile study resources for prep on the go
* Instant online analysis and feedback on your performance
* In-depth analysis of NCLEX-RN question types, including alternate format questions
* 47-item sample of Kaplan’s rigorous NCLEX-RN Question Bank online
* Detailed answer explanations
* Tips for mastering the computer-adaptive test
With efficient test prep via book + DVD + online + mobile, Kaplan’s NCLEX-RN Premier 2015-2016 will make you assured and confident on test day.
The Homegrown Paleo Cookbook: Over 100 Delicious, Gluten-Free, Farm-to-Table Recipes, and a Complete Guide to Growing Your Own Healthy Food
List Price: $39.95
Your Price: $22.23-
Seasonal, gluten-free, farm-to-table eating never tasted so good!
On her farm in Massachusetts, nutritionist Diana Rodgers has found a way back to a healthy, active lifestyle with a focus on nutritious and delicious eating, raising animals, growing vegetables, and balancing work and play.
Anyone can have the same healthy, balanced lifestyle and a closer connection to their food—whether you live in a house in the suburbs, a farmhouse in the countryside, or an apartment in the city. The Homegrown Paleo Cookbook shows you how.
With over 100 seasonal Paleo recipes, guides to growing your own food and raising animals, and inspiring how-tos for crafts and entertaining, The Homegrown Paleo Cookbook is a guide not just for better eating, but for better living—and a better world.
- Random House
It’s no secret that breastfeeding is the normal, healthy way to nourish and nurture your baby. Dedicated to supporting nursing and expectant mothers, the internationally respected La Leche League has set the standard for educating and empowering mothers in this natural art for generations.
Now their classic bestselling guide has been retooled, refocused, and updated for today’s mothers and lifestyles. Working mothers, stay-at-home moms, single moms, and mothers of multiples will all benefit from the book’s range of nursing advice, stories, and information—from preparing for breastfeeding during pregnancy to feeding cues, from nursing positions to expressing and storing breast milk. With all-new photos and illustrations, this ultimate support bible offers
• real-mom wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably—from avoiding sore nipples to simply enjoying the amazing bonding experience
• new insights into old approaches toward latching and attaching, ages and stages, and answers to the most-asked questions
• strategies for moms who choose to breastfeed for a short time or who plan to nurse for a year or more
• reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications
• recent scientific data that highlight the many lifelong health benefits of breastfeeding
• helpful tips for building your support network—at home or when back at work
• nursing special-needs infants, premies, multiples, and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws
• guidance on breast health issues, weight gain, day care, colic, postpartum depression, food allergies, and medications
Plus—Internet references for further information, including La Leche League support sites and groups.
Mothers bringing babies into a new world want sustainable, healthy, positive ways to help their children blossom and thrive. There is no better beginning for your baby than the womanly art of breastfeeding.
List Price: $17.00
Your Price: $9.85-
A New York Times bestseller
Named one of The Economist’s Books of the Year 2014
Named one of The Wall Street Journal’s Top Ten Best Nonfiction Books of 2014
Kirkus Reviews Best Nonfiction Books of 2014
Forbes’s Most Memorable Healthcare Book of 2014
Named a Best Food Book of 2014 by Mother Jones
Named one of Library Journal‘s Best Books of 2014
In The Big Fat Surprise, investigative journalist Nina Teicholz reveals the unthinkable: that everything we thought we knew about dietary fat is wrong. She documents how the low-fat nutrition advice of the past sixty years has amounted to a vast uncontrolled experiment on the entire population, with disastrous consequences for our health.
For decades, we have been told that the best possible diet involves cutting back on fat, especially saturated fat, and that if we are not getting healthier or thinner it must be because we are not trying hard enough. But what if the low-fat diet is itself the problem? What if the very foods we’ve been denying ourselves—the creamy cheeses, the sizzling steaks—are themselves the key to reversing the epidemics of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease?
In this captivating, vibrant, and convincing narrative, based on a nine-year-long investigation, Teicholz shows how the misinformation about saturated fats took hold in the scientific community and the public imagination, and how recent findings have overturned these beliefs. She explains why the Mediterranean Diet is not the healthiest, and how we might be replacing trans fats with something even worse. This startling history demonstrates how nutrition science has gotten it so wrong: how overzealous researchers, through a combination of ego, bias, and premature institutional consensus, have allowed dangerous misrepresentations to become dietary dogma.
With eye-opening scientific rigor, The Big Fat Surprise upends the conventional wisdom about all fats with the groundbreaking claim that more, not less, dietary fat—including saturated fat—is what leads to better health and wellness. Science shows that we have been needlessly avoiding meat, cheese, whole milk, and eggs for decades and that we can now, guilt-free, welcome these delicious foods back into our lives.
- Used Book in Good Condition
The bestselling nursing care planning book on the market, Nursing Care Plans: Diagnoses, Interventions, and Outcomes, 8th Edition covers the most common medical-surgical nursing diagnoses and clinical problems seen in adults. It includes 217 care plans, each reflecting the latest evidence and best practice guidelines. NEW to this edition are 13 new care plans and two new chapters including care plans that address health promotion and risk factor management along with basic nursing concepts that apply to multiple body systems. Written by expert nursing educators Meg Gulanick and Judith Myers, this reference functions as two books in one, with 147 disorder-specific and health management nursing care plans and 70 nursing diagnosis care plans to use as starting points in creating individualized care plans.
- 217 care plans
- 70 nursing diagnosis care plans include the most common/important NANDA-I nursing diagnoses, providing the building blocks for you to create your own individualized care plans for your own patients.
- 147 disorders and health promotion care plans cover virtually every common medical-surgical condition, organized by body system.
- Prioritized care planning guidance organizes care plans from actual to risk diagnoses, from general to specific interventions, and from independent to collaborative interventions.
- Nursing diagnosis care plans format includes a definition and explanation of the diagnosis, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, related NOC outcomes and NIC interventions, ongoing assessment, therapeutic interventions, and education/continuity of care.
- Disorders care plans format includes synonyms for the disorder (for easier cross referencing), an explanation of the diagnosis, common related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, NOC outcomes and NIC interventions, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions.
- Icons differentiate independent and collaborative nursing interventions.
- Student resources on the Evolve companion website include 36 of the book’s care plans – 5 nursing diagnosis care plans and 31 disorders care plans.
— more than in any other nursing care planning book.
- Three NEW nursing diagnosis care plans
- Six NEW health promotion/risk factor management care plans include Readiness for Engaging in a Regular Physical Activity Program, Readiness for Enhanced Nutrition, Readiness for Enhanced Sleep, Readiness for Smoking Cessation, Readiness for Managing Stress, and Readiness for Weight Management.
- Four NEW disorders care plans include Surgical Experience: Preoperative and Postoperative Care, Atrial Fibrillation, Bariatric Surgery, and Gastroenteritis.
- NEW Health Promotion and Risk Factor Management Care Plans chapter emphasizes the importance of preventive care and teaching for self-management.
- NEW Basic Nursing Concepts Care Plans chapter focuses on concepts that apply to disorders found in multiple body systems.
- UPDATED care plans ensure consistency with the latest U.S. National Patient Safety Goals and other evidence-based national treatment guidelines.
- The latest NANDA-I taxonomy keeps you current with 2012-2014 NANDA-I nursing diagnoses, related factors, and defining characteristics.
- Enhanced rationales include explanations for nursing interventions to help you better understand what the nurse does and why.
include Risk for Electrolyte Imbalance, Risk for Unstable Blood Glucose Level, and Risk for Bleeding.
List Price: $15.99
Your Price: $8.80-
The New York Times bestselling author of Eat to Live and Super Immunity and one of the country’s leading experts on preventive medicine offers a scientifically proven, practical program to prevent and reverse diabetes—without drugs.
At last, a breakthrough program to combat the rising diabetes epidemic and help millions of diabetics, as well as those suffering with high blood pressure and heart disease. Joel Fuhrman, M.D. Research director of the Nutritional Research Foundation, shows you how to live a long, healthy, and happy life—disease free. He offers a complete health transformation, starting with a diet with a high nutrient-per-calorie ratio that can be adapted for individual needs.
Dr. Fuhrman makes clear that we don’t have to “control” diabetes. Patients can choose to follow better nutritional guidelines that will control it for them, even before they have lost excess weight. The end result is a medical breakthrough—a comprehensive reversal of the disease.
List Price: $60.00
Your Price: $36.09-
A time-saving resource, fully revised to meet the changing needs of mental health professionals
The Complete Adult Psychotherapy Treatment Planner, Fifth Edition provides all the elements necessary to quickly and easily develop formal treatment plans that satisfy the demands of HMOs, managed care companies, third-party payors, and state and federal agencies.
- New edition features empirically supported, evidence-based treatment interventions including anger control problems, low self-esteem, phobias, and social anxiety
- Organized around 43 behaviorally based presenting problems, including depression, intimate relationship conflicts, chronic pain, anxiety, substance use, borderline personality, and more
- Over 1,000 prewritten treatment goals, objectives, and interventions—plus space to record your own treatment plan options
- Easy-to-use reference format helps locate treatment plan components by behavioral problem or DSM-5 diagnosis
- Includes a sample treatment plan that conforms to the requirements of most third-party payors and accrediting agencies including CARF, The Joint Commission (TJC), COA, and the NCQA